How do I renew online?
- Go to our online catalog
- On the gray colored bar click on the button named "My Account"
- Click on "Renew my Materials"
- Enter your library card number (printed below the barcode) and PIN.
- Click on "List Charged Items." You will see what you have checked out and when each item is due.
- You then have a choice:
- renew selected items by clicking on the box to the left of the titles you would like to renew and then clicking on "Renew Selected Items"
- renew all items out by selecting the button that says "Renew all"
- When done make sure you click on the "Logout" button on the light blue bar.
To renew by phone during normal business hours, please have your library card or other identifying information ready at the time of the phone call.
|Circulation Desk Phone Numbers for FCPL locations|
|C. Burr Artz Public Library||301-600-1630 (option 5)|
|Point of Rocks||301-874-4560|
|Thurmont Regional||301-600-7200 (option 5)|
|Urbana Regional||301-600-7000 (option 5)|
What can I renew?
Walk-in renewals are also welcome at all library branches and the Bookmobile.
Most FCPL materials may be renewed two times unless another customer has placed a hold on the title. Downloadable eBooks or audiobooks may be renewed once. Some Interlibrary Loan materials (those from other Maryland public libraries) may be renewed online through the library's catalog. See Borrowing Things: Checkouts, Loan Terms and Fines for more information.
What if my account is blocked or barred?
Patrons with blocked accounts will not be able to renew materials. Patrons with barred accounts need to contact us to update their contact information with us so we can restore access to their account.
How do I get a PIN?
If you have never gotten a PIN (Personal Identification Number), you will need to visit an FCPL branch for assistance. Please be sure to have a photo I.D. handy, or if you are a minor without an I.D., a guardian with a photo I.D.
If you think you may have a PIN, but are uncertain what it could be, please visit our I don't have or have forgotten my PIN frequently asked question.