This year’s theme for children in preschool through fifth grade is “Fizz, Boom, Read!” The middle- and high-school theme is “Spark a Reaction” . The winning bookmarks will be printed and available at all FCPL branches in May 2014.
Entries must be received at any FCPL branch by Monday, March 31, 2014.
- Only color art will be considered.
- Bookmarks are judged on originality, design, and reproducibility.
- Original entries only - no tracing or use of copy-right images, such as cartoon characters.
- Created by eligible contestant - no adult help or contributions.
- If you have already completed your artwork, then simply attach it to this entry form. The artwork must be the same size as the box on the form.
- All entries must be on white paper.
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries must be in color and reproducible.
- When using marking pens, avoid fluorescent or neon colors.
- For crayons and colored pencils, make sure the colors are filled in and solid. Sketching does not reproduce well.
- No computer-generated art.
- Stay within the lines of the box. Keep important design details away from the line around the box.
- If you include words, double check for correct spelling and make sure writing is legible.
All children in preschool–grade 12 who live or attend school in Frederick County or have a Frederick County Public Libraries card may enter.
Children who attend home school or who attend a school without grade levels should enter the comparable grade level.
Use this entry form (http://www.fcpl.org/sites/default/files/downloads/Color_Bookmark_Contest_Application_SRP%202014_FINAL.pdf) or an exact photocopy of the same size.