Your Public Library is a valuable asset. It is used by many people for their education, information, and recreation needs. Library users will conduct themselves in a manner that does not interfere, by their actions or speech, with the rights of other library users. Any action that endangers the health, safety or welfare of library staff and members of the public is strictly prohibited. You help make the library attractive, inviting and efficient by following these rules:
- Use library materials and equipment responsibly.
- Adhere to FCPL Internet Use Policy.
- Supervise children. Young children should remain with you at all times. In accordance with Maryland Family Law Article 5-801, no person charged with the responsibility of a child under the age of 8 may leave that child unattended; a babysitter must be at least 13 years of age
- Food may be consumed only in areas designated by the library. Non-alcoholic beverages with lids are permitted in the library.
- Wear shoes and shirts in the library.
- All library property is smoke and tobacco-free.
- Personal possessions should be kept with you at all times and should not impede the movements of others.
The following behaviors are considered improper conduct and are prohibited:
- Public disturbances
- Harassment of others
- Offensive or abusive language
- Loud talking or other loud noises
- Ball playing
- Bringing pets into the facility Service animals assisting their owners are welcome
- Selling or soliciting
- Riding of non-motorized vehicles in the library parking lot or on its sidewalks
- Posting, displaying, or distributing materials without library approval
Respect for the rights and needs of all library users will be maintained. Staff will intervene when they observe inappropriate behaviors or when these behaviors are brought to their attention. Non-compliance and/or repeated violations may result in expulsion from the library, police intervention, and/or legal action.
* Approved by the Board of Trustees of Frederick County Public Libraries 03/04/09