Are you a public, private, or home school educator? Your regional libraries have special services just for you!
Contact the Children’s Departments at the main library and regional libraries:
Brunswick Branch Children's Department: (301) 600-7255
C. Burr Artz Children’s Department: (301) 600-3780
Thurmont Regional Library Children’s Department: (301) 600-7214
Urbana Regional Library Children’s Department: (301) 600-7003
We are also available via e-mail.
Tour the Children’s Room - Visit a Branch
We welcome groups at any of our libraries. Contact your local branch for more information about scheduling a visit.
Tips for Visiting the Library
- Arrange for a Tour or Unique Program for your Class. The Children’s Department specializes in providing individualized programs and tours specifically designed for your class – call at least one month before your visit to make arrangements.
- Be on time for tours and programs. The Children’s Department has set aside time specifically for your group. Please call if your group is running late.
- Bring Book Bags. Having a book bag helps to manage your load and minimize damage to materials from dropping.
- Bring Library Cards. Make arrangements with the Children’s Department for your entire class to obtain library cards before they come to the library.
- Finish all food outside of the building. Even small snacks can attract "pest"-y guests. Talk to the Children’s Department about where your class can eat your lunch in Downtown Frederick.
- Know where the bathrooms are. In addition to the lobby restrooms, there are Boys' and Girls' Family bathrooms located in the Children’s Room along the left wall.
- Talk with your class about visiting the Library before you arrive. Discuss using soft voices; using your walking feet inside; and what you will be doing on your visit (tour, program, checking-out books, etc.)
- We know that everyone has a bad day now and then. If you find it necessary to leave the Library, or a program, before everyone has had the opportunity to check out their selected materials, we would be happy to hold the items until they can pick them up at a later time.
- Don't know? Ask us! If you can't find what you're looking for, please ask. We are here to help.
New Stuff for Kids - Find out about fabulous new kids books that we’ve just added to your collection.
Library Programs for Kids - Your Library offers a variety of programs during the year to enhance your classroom’s interest in reading and learning.
Maryland Library Association
American Library Association
American Association of School Librarians
International Reading Association
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association for Sport and Physical Education
National Council of Teachers of English
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
National Council for the Social Studies
National Science Teachers Association
New York State Art Teachers Association
Music Teachers National Association