What Friends Can Do
Friends of C. Burr Artz Public Library is a non-profit organization of people that help provide high quality programs and services to all ages. Through fund-raising activities, private contributions, and membership dues, Friends help fund such wonderful programs as the Children's Summer Reading Program. During the summer of 2010 nearly 10,000 kids and teens participated.
Why Join the Friends?
- Meet other library and book lovers like you.
- Underwrite and assist at special literary and educational events.
- Provide seasonal decorations and work on gardening projects.
- Represent the Friends at Community Events
- Assist the Chidlren's Department through underwriting and volunteering on special projects
- Advocate for libraries in the community.
Have you Thought about becoming a Friend?
Printable Application Form
Exciting Times Ahead
Frederick County is growing, and so is our library system! Located on the newly developed Carroll Creek, now is a fabulous time to consider joining the Friends of C. Burr Artz Public Library.
Whether you have a special interest in a special aspect of C. Burr Artz Public Library, or simply want to get together with a friendly, motivated group of advocates, stop by a meeting to learn more!
Contact the Friends
President: Candy Greenway