Moser Road in Thurmont, between Frederick Road and the Thurmont Regional Library, is expected to be closed between 7:00am and 5:00pm on weekdays to accommodate the installation of new sewer lines. This work is expected to take place over the next two to three weeks. The Thurmont Regional Library is open normal hours during this time and the library and library parking lot entrance can be accessed by using alternate routes.
For patrons and library staff coming to the Thurmont Library from Rt. 15 who normally exit onto Frederick Road please consider taking the following route: (a Google Map is included below)
- Instead of turning right on Moser Road towards the library, continue straight on Frederick Road to the stop sign.
- At the stop sign turn left on Water Street and proceed to the traffic light at Thurmont Square.
- At the stop light turn right on East Main Street (Rt. 77).
- Continue straight on East Main Street.
- East Main Street becomes Jimtown Road (Rt. 550).
- Continue on Jimtown Road (Rt. 550) for approximately 1.25 miles.
- At the stop sign turn right on Moser Road.
- Continue on Moser Road for approximately 1.5 miles. The library will be on your left.
Alternatively, library staff and patrons may consider travelling through Walkersville and Woodsboro to Rt. 550. From Rt. 550 continue straight on to Moser Road. The library will be on your left.
The Thurmont Regional Library will be open normal hours during this time and it is expected that the library entrance and parking lot will remain accessible.
Have questions? Need additional directions? Please contact the Thurmont Regional Library at (301)600-7212. We thank you for your patience during this time.